The 2016 Mount Gilead Homecoming Parade kicks off Sept. 28 at 6:30 p.m. from the county fairgrounds.
The route will take the parade up Main Street, and then left onto Park Avenue.
The parade will conclude at the high school and will be followed by the ‘Junior/Senior Powder Puff Game’ and a bonfire.
Community members are invited to participate and should email Michelle Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org for the parade application.
Applications are due no later than Sept. 26. All organizations, clubs, teams, or groups who want to participate in the parade must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. School dress code must be followed by anyone participating in the parade.
2. Each entry must have an adult supervisor with them at all times.
3. All drivers must hold a valid driver’s license.
4. No candy can be thrown from floats or vehicles. Anyone walking in the parade may pass candy out to spectators.
5. No political or religious entries.
6. All participants must have their float at the Fair Grounds by 6 p.m.