CARDINGTON — Pat Clark was re-elected president of the Cardington-Lincoln Board of Education when members met Jan. 11, through the Zoom medium.
Named vice president was Matt Clinger. The board agreed to meet the second Monday of every month at 6 pm in the Cardington-Lincoln High School library. There will be no July meeting.
Authorized as official signatures were those of the superintendent, treasurer and board president. FC Bank, Cardington, was designated as official depository of all school funds and the Morrow County Sentinel was designated as the official publisher of all Board of Education required legal notices.
Appointed liaisons were Pat Clark, legislative/board policy; Matt Clinger business and finance; Sarah Struck, booster/parent organization; Matt Meyers, representative to the Cardington-Lincoln Athletic Board, and Quinn Maceyko, community outreach.
In other business:
• Superintendent Brian Petrie, paid tribute to the members of the board of education as part of Ohio School Boards Recognition month and recognized the Cardington FFA Parliamentary Procedure team for its placing as state runner up in the recent contest.
• The board approved the financial report given by treasurer Jon Mason who described it as “not bleak but cautiously optimistic.” Also approved was the Fy22 tax budget and the state safety grant
• Petrie described the holiday meals served for free which totaled 7,028 breakfasts and 7028 lunches. These meals were coordinated by Brent Herdman, director of food services.
He gave an update on the quarantine and on COVID Vaccine. “Students and adults in K-12 schools may continue to attend in-person school even during a normal quarantine period, if certain conditions are met. He described four of those conditions including COVID-19 prevention policies; place of exposure (within a classroom environment); wearing of face masks at all times and social distancing.
These guidelines apply to classroom settings.This information can be found on the school web site.
Approved was the 2021-2022 school calendar; the increase in minimum wage salary to $8.80 per hour effective Jan. 1, 2021 and the lease agreement with Morrow County Area Transit was approved for Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021 for use of the instrumental Music Room in the Miller building. The annual payment from MCAT to the board is $10,500.
• Approval was given the modified classified contract of Alan Long, contract modification from eight hours per day to four hours a day effective Dec. 28, 2020 and Sabrina Holtrey, aide, placement on step 3 due to clerical error in agenda, effective Jan. 12, 2021.
• The classified substitute custodian position was approved for Rachel West.
The supplemental contracts of Jack Bault’s for varsity boys baseball and Tom Hack, athletic director, were approved.
• Approved classified stipends for Carl Hardwick, Jr. head of maintenance and Jake Rice, head custodian. Todd Jolliff, was approved with a pupil activity contract for varsity track and Tod Brininger, varsity girls softball.
The board approved membership fee for the Ohio School Board Association and the Legal Assistance Fund, OSBA annual membership in the amount of $4,664 and a resolution to participate in the OSBA Legal Assistance Fund was approved.
The annual membership fee of $1,000 was approved for members in the Ohio Education Policy Institute.
• Board member Quinn Maceyko gave an update on the Strategic Planning Committee.