• Son Rise National Park VBS at Cardington First United Methodist Church. Register online on their Facebook page or call the office at 419-864-0015. Live streaming via Zoom at 6 p.m. July 27 and 28. Packet pick-up July 26 11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m. and 4:30-5:30 p.m. Ages 4 years through 6th grade.
• The Morrow County Genealogical Society monthly meeting, July 25 at the Washington Township Park in Iberia (former location of the Iberia School). Meeting is at 11 a.m. and ask that you bring your own sack lunch. No food will be provided. After a time of eating and sharing, we will tour the Iberia Cemetery. They request that all social distancing practices be observed and strongly encourage the use of masks. Meeting is open to the public.
• Hearts for Hospice Online Benefit Auction; bidding open July 24 through Aug. 2. Register and bid online at www.howardauctions.net. The “Hearts for Hospice” annual benefit auction is going virtual/online this year due to COVID-19. Proceeds benefit Hospice of Morrow County, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization providing care to terminally ill patients and their families. For more information call 419-946-9822.
• The Chesterville Heritage Day Festival will not be held this year. The event committee does not feel there is a way to restructure the festival to observe social distancing and keep volunteers and guests safe.
• The Bratwurst Festival, planned for Aug. 13-15 in Bucyrus, has been cancelled.
Some government meetings and service clubs and organizations are being held virtually, while others have been postponed. Please consult with your village, township, school board, etc. for details.
To submit items for the Community Calendar email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 3 p.m. Friday to appear in the following week’s edition.