FSA County Committee (COC) Advisors are a valued voice for under-represented groups and historically underserved farmers and ranchers. County committee members and their county executive directors, actively reach out to producer groups who are under-represented on county committees.
Eligibility requirements for COC Advisor nominee include:
* be actively participating in farming or ranching in the county or area;
* be willing and available to serve as an advisor, if appointed; and
* indicate in writing their willingness to serve.
Duties and Responsibilities of COC Advisors include:
* attend each COC meeting, including executive sessions;
* participate in all deliberations;
* increase awareness of and participation in FSA activities, including elections, by eligible voters to ensure that historically underserved group problems and viewpoints are understood and considered in FSA actions;
* help to develop interest and incentives in historically underserved group members for considering FSA work as a career;
* active soliciting candidates from historically underserved groups for nomination during the election process; and
* able to perform special duties at COC s request.
* Note: Advisors do not have authority to sign documents.
Interested individuals should submit a written letter that outlines their abilities and qualifications, as well as their willingness to serve, postmarked by Jan. 25, 2016. The Morrow County Committee will review these submissions and recommend an advisor to the Ohio FSA State Committee. The Ohio FSA State Committee will appoint the advisor, whose term will begin March 1st, 2016. County Committee advisors serve for a 12-month period not to exceed 9 consecutive years.
Interested individuals should mail their letters to the Morrow County Farm Service Agency, P.O. Box 238, 871 West Marion Road, Mount Gilead, OH 43338. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Angie Thorpe, County Executive Director at (419) 946-2780 ext. 2, or by email at [email protected].
Information received from Morrow County Farm Service Agency.