Some facts and figures on the Mount Gilead-Northmor football series:
• Last year’s match-up was the 50th between the two schools since Mount Gilead earned a 6-0 win over the Knights in 1968.
• The Indians currently hold a 34-16 lead in the series despite losing 54-26 last year to break a two-game winning streak over the Knights.
• Mount Gilead’s longest winning streak was eight games. The Indians won every game from 1968 through 1975, outscoring Northmor 184-43 in that span. Northmor’s longest is a three-game streak from 2005-7.
• However, Northmor did win four of the five games taking place from 1976-80 and from 1987-91.
• Mount Gilead’s biggest win in the series was 2011’s 57-0 decision. The 48-13 win by Northmor in 2005 is their widest margin of victory over the Indians.
• The Indians have scored 1040 points, averaging 20.8 points per game. Northmor has picked up 712 points, an average of 14.2 points per game.
• Mount Gilead has tallied nine shutout wins, with the last being their game in 2011. Northmor has shut out the Indians four times, most recently in 2007.