Some facts and figures on the Cardington-Highland football series:
• Last year’s game was the 55th meeting between the two schools since Highland beat the Pirates 51-12 in 1963.
• After winning 62-10 last year, the Scots hold a 33-22 edge in the series.
• Highland’s eight-game winning streak over Cardington from 2003-10 is their longest in the history of the rivalry between the teams. Cardington also had an eight-game streak which lasted from 1988 to 1995.
• Highland topped the Pirates 74-20 in 2013, with that 54-point win their largest against Cardington. Cardington’s biggest win was a 44-0 decision in 1966.
• Highland has scored 1151 points against the Pirates, an average of 21.0 per game. Cardington has scored 917, an average of 16.7 points.
• The Scots have won six games by shutouts, with their most recent happening in 2012. Cardington has seven shutout wins.