A committee of public and private entities was formed earlier in the year to create a new automotive event that is unique to Central Ohio. The Route 79 Supercruise is a planned event for a 6-mile span of Route 79, from Irvingwick Drive in Heath to the KOA Campground in Buckeye Lake. Promoted as a driving event with stops along the way where visitors and auto enthusiasts may display their cars, listen to live music and socialize.
There will be five planned stops along the route:
• Tri-County Chrysler Superstore – Pig Roast with live music by the Aaron Buckley Band from 6-10pm.
• Coughlin Automotive – Show off your cars and enjoy music and hot dogs.
• RCD Sales RV Supercenter – Tailgate Party with Open Road Express Mobile Diner Food Truck. Visitors will be able to view motorhomes from the most popular manufacturers such as Winnebago, Newmar, Fleetwood, and Thor Tailgate style.
• North Shore State Boat Ramp – Cruise through the park to the tunes of Jim Matheny and Kar Shoz, pop your hood and take in the lake views. Enjoy some old fashioned ice cream and relax by the water.
• KOA Campground – Enjoy some music by the Diamond Brothers from 7:30-10:30 p.m. and food from Poppy’s Roadside Diner Food Truck.
“The point of the Route 79 Supercruise is to create a unique, enjoyable event that gives auto enthusiasts the opportunity to cruise from one venue to the next, showing off their car, hearing some live music and just generally embracing Americas’ car culture” said Mike Fornataro, General Manager of National Trail Raceway.
Jim Bielenda, Promoter of the Nats, further commented “we are very excited about the fact that city leaders have come together to create a safe and fun night for all of our Mopar visitors to enjoy.”
If you would like to know more about the Route 79 Supercruise or for sponsorship and marketing opportunities, contact Carol Thress at 740-345-8224 or [email protected]nty.com