MOUNT GILEAD — Morrow County residents have plenty to do this holiday season. Below is a list of events taking place this month:
• Light Up Camp light display at Flying Horse Farms. Motorists can drive through every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 26. It is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and is free with a suggested donation to help pay for the display.
Times are 6-10 pm. Friday and Saturday with last car admitted at 9:30 p.m. On Sundays it is from 6-8:30 p.m. with last car in by 8 p.m.
Flying Horse Farms is located at 5260 State Route 95, Mount Gilead. Sponsorship and volunteer opportunities are available.
For information go to flyinhorsefarms.org.
• An Old Fashioned Christmas presented by the Morrow County Chamber of Commerce. It is Friday, Dec. 3 downtown Mount Gilead with events starting at 5 p.m. and the parade at 7 p.m.
Activities include Kids Craft at Victory in the Village, free hot dogs by Seniors on Center, kids crafts by the Mount Gilead Public Library, carolers, stilt walkers, Kids Secret Santa Shop sponsored by Pals of Pirates.
Also, Christmas film at Capitol Theatre at 5 p.m.as well as hot chocolate bar at Gilead Fitness and local shops being open extended hours.
Tree lighting ceremony takes place at 6:30 p.m. prior to the parade.
• Christmas in Marengo, Saturday Dec. 4 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
It is the third annual celebration with various activities held at the old Firehouse across from the United Methodist Church and ending with a Christmas parade and tree lighting at the Park.
• Christmas in Cardington, Thursday, Dec. 9 from 5-9 p.m. Business open houses, Christmas characters, live Nativity, entertainment, lights in the park, Santa Claus and miniature train rides.
Although a shortened version was held last year due to COVID, the event sponsored by Friends of Cardington returns with a full schedule of events in which the village’s businesses also participate.
Santa will be greeting youngsters from the fire house and the area churches will present a live Nativity Scene in the park. Other events include live reindeer sponsored by FC Bank in their parking lot.
The Jenkins-Vaughan American Legion Post 97 hall will be the site of food served by Pals of Pirates and entertainment by two musical acts. Rides will be offered in a train set up on the vacant skate park and there will be a park light show.
Vendors will be offering Christmas and other items from the Rotary Building and horse drawn rides will be offered throughout the event. The Shelter House in the Community Park will be the home of The Grinch from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
All businesses will be participating and the Cardington-Lincoln Public Library will be the site of story telling and craft displays.
• Mount Gilead High School Audition Choir will present a Christmas Concert at Trinity United Methodist Church, 75 E. High St. in Mount Gilead, on Monday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m.
Evelyn Long contributed to this report.