MOUNT GILEAD — Work continues on the village-owned pool. Astro Pools is installing the gutter base.
They also drilled exploratory holes at the potential void. The greatest void was about one-inch deep.
They also are working on the crack in the pool floor at the same location, village administrator Derek Allen said.
In other business:
• The dog park is nearly complete.
Fence and gates at the entrance need installed and. The water fountain was put in Monday.
The name sign should be ready next week, Allen noted.
Mayor Jamie Brucker said he is “excited about all the work that’s getting done” in the village.
• Council approved purchasing a ladder truck for the fire department from Liberty Township in Delaware County at a cost not to exceed $250,000. The village will borrow $200,000 that will go toward the purchase.
• The fire department will enter into an agreement with First Recovery USA, the nation’s largest cost recovery company serving fire and EMS departments across the United States.
No billing is ever made to village residents for fire services, Chief Chad Swank said.
• Jason Bails from PC Energy LLC requested permission from council to use village property as the company works on cleaning a pipeline.
The company paid the village $2,500 to rent the space. The project will begin Dec. 6 and be finished by the end of the year.
Bails said a crew of 15-20 will work on the project near the 95 Drive-Thru and north into the housing development.
The company will finish reclamation of the property, seeding and mulch, in the spring.
• Leaf collection is ongoing and will continue until all leaves are collected in the village.
• Trucks and salt spreaders have been serviced and prepared for winter weather.
• Contracts for the Ohio 95 Emergency Sewer Collapse project have been signed. Terra Valley is beginning work.
• Broken fire hydrants are being replaced. Allen said a total of 7 were out of service.