Events cancelled, postponed
• Trinity United Methodist Church community dinner was cancelled for April 15 due to the coronavirus restrictions. The next dinner will be May 20. The rummage sale also has been postponed.
• The ECO Center is postponing its Community Earth Day celebration until Sunday, Sept. 27.
• The Household Hazardous Waste Event scheduled for Saturday, April 25 has been cancelled. This event was scheduled to be held at the Morrow County Fairgrounds. It is rescheduled for Aug. 15 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.. The May 16 electronics and paper shredding event has also been cancelled.
• The DKMM Solid Waste District will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and make any additional schedule changes as they feel appropriate. The June 6, Aug. 15 and Aug 22 special collection events are on schedule. Follow the dkmm.org website or call 419-946-6400 if you have questions.
• The Cardington-Lincoln High School Alumni Association is cancelling the annual Csrdington-Lincoln High School Alumni party on May 23.
This is only the second time in the 90-year history of the association that a party has been cancelled. The first was in 1945 during World War II. The 90th banquet will be held May 29, 2021. Scholarships will be awarded to members of the Cardington-Lincoln High School Class of 2020 as previously announced.
Some government meetings are being held virtually, while others have been postponed. Please consult with your village, township, school board, etc. for details.
To submit items for the Community Calendar email them to [email protected] Deadline is 3 p.m. Friday to appear in the following week’s edition.