ELECTIONS MEETING PLANNED – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced that the Ohio Board of Voting Machine Examiners will meet on July 23 at 10 a.m. at the Secretary of State’s Office located at 180 East Broad St., 15th Floor, Columbus, Ohio, 43215.
The agenda includes:
· Review of the application for certification of the VoteSafe electronic pollbook (submitted by VOTEC Corporation) and examination of the pollbook for certification and approval for use in Ohio elections.
· Review of the application for certification of the electronic pollbook submitted by Everyone Counts, Inc. and examination of the pollbook for certification and approval for use in Ohio elections.
· Review of the modification to the EA Tablet electronic pollbook (submitted by Election Administrators, LLC) for certification and approval for use in Ohio elections.
This meeting of the Board is open to the public.
“THE BIGGEST LOSER” CASTING IN CINCINNATI – NBC’s popular reality series “The Biggest Loser” is launching a nine-city, cross-country search to find new contestants for the next edition of the hit show. Teams of two (spouses, siblings, parent/adult child, best friends, co-workers) who have at least 80 lbs. to lose are encouraged to apply for the new season. Fan favorite former “Biggest Loser” contestants will be making appearances at casting calls in some of the audition cities.
Casting producers are looking for outgoing and charismatic teams of two who have the personality, desire and competitive edge to vie for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lose weight, change their lives forever and compete for a grand prize of $250,000. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and legal residents of the United States.
People will not be allowed to line up prior to three hours before the start of the open call. Candidates should bring a non-returnable photo of themselves and their partners.
SATURDAY, JULY 25
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Planet Fitness (Tri County) 11755 Princeton Pike Cincinnati, OH 45246
ODNR ANNOUNCES FORESTRY OPEN HOUSES FOR PUBLIC REVIEW – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) will host three open houses this month to encourage public participation in state forest management plans.
“The ODNR Division of Forestry holds open houses each year for interested citizens and neighbors to display planned forest management projects for the upcoming year,” said Robert Boyles, ODNR deputy director and state forester. “These proposed projects include timber harvesting, prescribed burning, timber cruising, treating invasive species, recreation trails and facility maintenance.”
The public is cordially invited to attend, ask questions and submit written comments on state forest management plans at any of the following dates and locations:
* Open house for Maumee State Forest: Tuesday, July 28, from 4:30–6:30 p.m. at the Maumee State Forest Headquarters, 3390 County Road D, Swanton, Ohio 43558. For more information, call 419-822-3052.
* Open house for Southern District State Forests: Wednesday, July 29, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Chillicothe District Office, 345 Allen Avenue, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601. For more information, call 740-774-1596.
* Open house for Mohican-Memorial and Eastern State Forests: Thursday, July 30, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the New Philadelphia Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Office, located at 2201 Reiser Avenue, New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663. For more information, call 419-938-6222.
Comment cards will be available during the open houses for visitors to provide feedback on state forest management. Comments will also be accepted for up to 30 days after the respective open house, at which time comments will be considered as the plans are finalized. Open house information and annual work plans will also be posted on the ODNR website at forestry.ohiodnr.gov/.