Top Ten Reasons to VOTE FOR THE TRI-RIVERS CAREER CENTER LEVIES
10. High school juniors, seniors from 9 school districts and adult students are trained for careers with a direct connection to work geared to local employment!
(Digital Media and Entertainment, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Healthcare Professions, Public Safety Services EMT, Fire, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Veterinary Science, Construction, Technologies, Computer Networking/Electronic Technologies, (RAMTEC) Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Precision Machining Technology, Welding, Agriculture and Industrial Power Technology, Auto Technology)
9. All programs are advised by employers in the specific industry keeping the content of the program “cutting edge.”
8. TRCC career technical programs connect with more than 18 colleges offering associate and bachelor’s degrees.
7. Learning is in a lab, meeting the needs of the “hands-on learner.”
6. Student skills are measured by performance/mastery of job tasks. Special assistance is provided for those needing those additional services.
5. TRCC students are likely to live and work in Marion, Morrow, and Union County communities earning and spending income in the community… returning the community’s investment to the community!
4. Offerings are continuously evolving to respond to the needs of local employers. Examples include the industrial maintenance program and industrial robotics (RAMTEC).
3. One levy renews an existing operating levy (no increase in cost to taxpayer).
2. One levy replaces an existing operating levy (at a minimal increase to taxpayers).
1. All dollars spent are spent on job training, no fluff. The district is operating at the lowest salary costs of all the 49 career centers in the state.
0. OK… so there are more than 10! Tri-Rivers is also a community partner: staff contributions to United Way, collaboration with Marion Technical College and Ohio State University, hosting many community activities including the Multi-County Job Fair (April 10, 2014)
Caroline Tudor, Retired Career Development Specialist