Last updated: August 30. 2014 2:14PM - 3784 Views
By - dcarver@civitasmedia.com - 419-946-3010



Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A firefighter was transported to Morrow County Hospital with suspected heat related issues Saturday morning while battling a house fire in Mount Gilead.


Emergency crews responded to call at approximately 10:25 a.m. Saturday, August 30, of an occupied structure fire at 316 South Delaware Street Mount Gilead.


Neighbors reported that they heard a dog barking and when they went to investigate. A neighbor called 911 while her husband ran into the structure to attempt to locate the family’s dog but was unsuccessful.


The residents inside were able to escape unharmed.


Mount Gilead Fire Chief Greg Young reported that the structure was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.


Neighbors reported that the family had moved into the newly renovated home less than a year ago after suffering a previous house fire.


No cause has yet been determined. The fire is under investigation by the Mount Gilead Fire Department.


Emergency crews from Mount Gilead Fire Department, Cardington Fire Department, Johnsville Volunteer Fire Department, Morrow County EMS, Mount Gilead Police Department and Morrow County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.


 
 
 
 
 
 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute