The Spring Primary is coming up May 6, less than a month away. What started out early in the year as a light local ballot grew into one local race and twelve levy issues.
Patricia Davies is running against Mary Holtrey for the Republican nomination for the Auditor’s seat, coming up for vote this fall. Davies is currently the Morrow County Development Director and Holtrey holds the Auditor’s title.
Tom Whiston is seeking the Republican nomination for the seat he now occupies as commissioner.
Regarding levies; Morrow County residents will be voting on:
• MCBDD (Whetstone): Replacement/Increase… 3 mills, continuing for Programs and services
• Morrow Co/OSU Extension: Renewal… .5 mill for 5 yrs for Programs and services
• Cardington Village: Renewal… 3.9 mills for 5 yrs for Current Expenses
• Cardington Village: Renewal… 2.1 miIls for 5 yrs for Current Expenses
• Harmony Township: Renewal… 1 mill for 5 yrs for Fire protection
• Lincoln Township: Renewal… 1.5 mills for 5 yrs for Fire protection
• Perry/Congress Fire: Additional… 2 mills for 20 yrs for a New Fire House
• Mt. Gilead Exempted School: Income Tax/additional .25% for 5 yrs for Permanent Improvements
• River Valley School District: Additional… 1.5 mills for 5 yrs for Permanent Improvements
• Lexington School District: Renewal… 8 mills for l0 yrs for Operating deficit
• Tri-Rivers Vocational: Replacement… 2.1 mills continuing for Current expenses
• Tri-Rivers Vocational: Renewal… 1 mill continuing for Current expenses
For state offices, the only candidates facing off in their political parties are:
- Edward FitzGerald & Sharen Swartz Neuhardt vs Larry Ealy & Ken Gray for the Democratic nomination for Governor & Lt. Governor;
- Natalie R. Haupt vs Earle E. Wise, Jr. for the Democratic nomination for Judge Court Of Appeals: 5th District;
- Nelson E. Hack, Charles Knight, John Matthews, II and Justin C. Smith vying for the Republican nomination for State Central Committeeman - 26th District; and
- Lisa Cooper, Jude Foulk and Paulette Miller vying for the Republican nomination for State Central Committeewoman - 26th District.
More information will be published before the election on the contested seats and issues.