CARDINGTON — The agenda was light when Cardington village council met Sept. 18 in regular session.
Fiscal Officer Deb Fry reported “all fund balances look healthy” and noted that the regional income tax agency had mailed 545 letters to people who did not file their 2016 taxes.
In other business:
• Council approved payment of bills totaling $48,574.01.
• Approved a resolution that certifies to the county auditor the inclusion on the tax duplicate the amounts owed to the village for delinquent water and sewer charges. Fry said these total $6,346.35.
• Village administrator Danny Wood explained that repair of the storm sewer on the north end of the North Marion Street bridge is still being studied with ODOT having run a camera down to examine the extent of the erosion.
The damaged area is marked with a cone.
• Mayor Susie Peyton said, “Maxwell Park looks good.”
She noted that more people are taking advantage of it as a park with fishing and picnics.
• Council will meet next on Oct. 2.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU